Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of NAES of Ukraine was a co-organizer of XI All-Ukrainian Scientific-Practical Conference “Computer Modeling and Information Technologies in Education” (CMITE'2018), devoted to 80 Anniversary of the Ivan Edward Sutherland birth, which was held on 21-22 May, 2018 in South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K. D. Ushynsky, Odessa city, Ukraine.
In their reports, the conference participants addressed the following issues:
- simulation of educational systems and educational environments;
- simulation of objects and phenomena in the teaching of natural sciences, mathematics and social and humanitarian disciplines;
- the theory and practice of STEM education in secondary and higher school;
- virtual, augmented and combined reality in education;
- development, evolution and convergence of information and communication technologies in education;
- theory and methodology of application of hardware and software tools of education informatization;
- theoretical and methodical principles of creation and development of computer-oriented learning environment, computer-oriented systems and teaching aids;
- prognostic studies of the development of psychological and pedagogical foundations and teaching methods on the basis of information and communication technologies;
- the theory and methods of teaching fundamental disciplines in higher education;
- theoretical and methodical principles of the development of methods for the use of ICT in various fields of education.
The employees of the Department of Cloud-Oriented Systems of Education Informatization took an active part in the plenary session and the work of the conference sections.
Materials of the conference are published in the journal “New computer technology”, Vol XVI.