Research work "The Development of Theoretical Background of Education Informatization and Implementation of Information and Communication Technologies in the Educational Area of Ukraine"; by the authors team of V. Bykov, O. Burov, A. Gurzhyi, M. Zhaldak, M. Leschenko, S. Lytvynova, V. Luhovyi, V. Oliinyk, O. Spirin, M. Shyshkina.
Nominated for the State Prize of Ukraine in the Field of Education.
The urgency and tasks of research are conditioned by the need to create a competitive education sphere of the independent Ukraine in the context of globalization, European integration, formation of innovative human capital, modern competences and qualifications of an individual, increasing the accessibility and quality of education according to the Sustainable Development Goals for Ukraine up to 2030.
The research aim is to ground and develop the theoretical and methodological, scientific and methodical bases of education informatization, wide implementation of information and communication technologies (ICT) in the educational and research practice, creation of the information and digital learning environment of Ukraine, development and dissemination of open systems in the field of education, pedagogy and psychology.
During 1991-2018 the authors have carried out comprehensive scientific research and developments, the results of which ensured the development of theoretical bases of the purpose-oriented, content, technological, scientific and organizational, and regulatory components of education informatization, implementation of ICT in a broad educational practice.
The cultural and information theory of education, which reveals the information and communication essence of education, explains the key role of educational information and communication, the primary organization of human competences as an information product, the theory of organizational systems of open education and Internet-oriented scientific and educational environments, the theory of digital humanistic pedagogy, as well as a number of conceptions of education informatization in Ukraine are developed and grounded in the work for the first time at the internationally excellent level.
The authors’ theoretical and conceptual statements of education informatization have become the basis for applied developments, experimental testing and practical applications of innovative products at the national, regional, institutional, and individual levels, which had a systemic impact on the informational modernization of education sphere.
The content is grounded, the software and methodical assurance of learning informatics as a discipline and its mastering with other disciplines in the general secondary and vocational schools is created. Forming the pre-service training system for teachers of informatics as a discipline and with other disciplines, in-service training of teachers, university teachers and education institutions leaders enabled the development of students’ digital competences according to the information society requests and Ukrainian society needs.
The authors made a significant contribution to the development of scientific and methodical assurance of teachers and public administrators distance learning, new learning systems and cloud-based educational environments, the creation of electronic educational resources, electronic scientific periodicals, textbooks and manuals for different levels of education. During 1991-2018 more than 20 thousand teachers of informatics, about 145 thousand teachers of other disciplines were prepared, as well as more than 180 thousand Ukrainian teachers, university teachers and education institutions leaders were trained in ICT according to the authors’ teaching materials.
The following innovative institutional forms of education informatization are being implemented:
– state and scientific institutions: Chief Computing Centre of the Ministry of Public Education of Ukraine, Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine, which in 2019 celebrates its 20th anniversary;
– distance learning centres and networks: the first in the Eurasian region Distance Learning Centre of the Ukrainian Academy (today – National Academy) of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine in the system of the World Bank Global Development Learning Network, Interregional Network of Distance Learning at the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine, which embodies distance learning centres in Kyiv, Dnipro, Lviv, Odesa, and Kharkiv, Training, Scientific and Production Complex “Academy of Distance Education”, which took part in the realisation of the international cooperation project under the European Commission Program “TUNING” (Tuning Educational Structures in Europe), Ukrainian Open University of Postgraduate Education, which includes 15 regional in-service teacher training institutions, Training and Methodical Centre of Distance Learning Organisation at the University of Educational Management;
– joint research laboratories of scientific institutions and higher education institutions in the problems of educational and research activity informatization;
– scientific, scientific and methodical, and specialized councils and commissions: Scientific Council of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine in Education and Science Informatization, Scientific and Methodical Commission in Informatization of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, specialized scientific councils (13.00.02 – Theory and Methods of Informatics Training at the National Pedagogical Dragomanov University, 13.00.10 – Information and Communication Technologies in Education at the Institute of Information Technologies and Learning Tools of NAES of Ukraine);
– electronic educational and scientific libraries: Electronic Library of the Ukrainian Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine, Electronic Library of theV.O. Sukhomlynskyi State Scientific and Pedagogical Library of Ukraine, Digital Library of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine, Electronic Library of the Zhytomyr Ivan Franko State University, Electronic Library of the Institute of Education Content Modernization of MoES of Ukraine. These libraries contain more than 41 thousand full-text electronic resources, downloaded by users more than 11 million times.
The scientific, and scientific and methodical periodicals “Information Technologies and Learning Tools”, “Information Technologies in Education”, “Computer at School and in Family” were founded and continue to be issued with the direct participation of authors as editors-in-chief, deputy editors and editorial staff members. The journals take 1st, 7th and 17th places respectively in the Top-100 Periodicals in Ukrainian according to Google Scholar; 8th, 20th and 28 places in the Ranking of Scientific Periodicals according to the platform “Ukrainian Science Bibliometrics”. The periodical “Information Technologies and Learning Tools” is the only one among domestic periodicals in the field of pedagogical sciences that has been included by MoESof Ukraine to the category “A”.
New directions of highly skilled ICT specialists in the field of education training have been introduced; a new scientific discipline (specialization) 13.00.10 – Information and Communication Technologies in Education has been created.
There have been published 454 scientific, and scientific and methodical works, including 32 monographs, 16 textbooks, 57 manuals, 279 papers, 133 of which are being published in the scientific professional periodicals of Ukraine, 29 in editions indexed by Scopus and Web of Science Core Collection. According to Google Scholar, the total number of citations of the above-mentioned works is over 11.2 thousand, the h-index is 48, and the ³10-index is 228. 120 theses have been defended, among them there are 33 DSc and 87 PhD theses.