The presentation of the "SIN-NEC" project by researchers from the Institute of Education Content and Methods of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine took place at the international conference "Education for Sustainable Development – Dissemination of Best Practices" held at the Krakow Pedagogical University of the National Commission for Education in Poland on September 5-6, 2023.
Dr. Svitlana Lytvynova and Dr. Maria Shyshkina, both holding doctoral degrees in pedagogy, represented the researchers from the Institute of Education Content and Methods of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine at the conference.
This conference was part of the international project "NETT DEVISE," which resulted from long-term collaboration among participants in the ERASMUS+ KA 131 program. The emphasis of this project has been on virtual forms of cooperation, driven by the aim to make international collaboration more sustainable and inclusive.
Given the global nature of the impact on the environment, climate change, and environmental pollution, the collaboration with international partners in this field holds tremendous significance.
As a result of the project team's efforts, an educational course on designing and implementing Virtual Exchange was developed. The conference, dedicated to the utilization of a set of tools for green intercultural mentoring and cooperation, featured presentations by:
- NETTDEVICE project for preparing change-agents for school, Prof. Nataliia Demeshkant, Pedagogical University of Krakow, Poland
- Climate Change & Climate Education (examples from LTTA 2023), Prof. Armin Lude, Ludwigsburg University of Education, Germany
- Open-ended question-generating for learning and assessment of cognition and action in sustainability education (online), Prof. John Oversby, Science Education Futures, UK
- Teachers/educators training (obligatory SD training) - envisioning transition, Prof. Aneta Rogalska-Marasińska, University of Łodz, Poland
- Roads and off-roads of ESD, Prof. Katarzyna Potyrała, Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski, Krakow University, Poland
- How to educate pre-service teachers to be able to teach about the difficulties of harmonization: the effect economic, meeting social needs and environmental protection Prof. Iwona Maciejowska, Jagiellonian University, Poland
Ukrainian researchers, including, shared their experience in organizing distance and blended learning formats and collaboration:
- Sustainability and Internationalization Capacities to Promote Modernisation of Newcomers Higher Education in Neighbourhood East Countries, Prof. Svitlana Lytvynova, PhD Mariya Shyshkina, Institute for Digitalisation of Education of NAES of Ukraine
- Ukrainian Practices of Academic Resilience Strengthening among Doctoral Students and Early Career Researchers, PhD (Ed.Sc.) Prof. Olha Fast, Volyn Regional Council Community HEI "Lutsk Pedagogical College", Ukraine
- Educational features of the training of young journalists in the conditions of the Russian-Ukrainian war, Prof. Nataliya Poplavska, National Pedagogical University in Ternopil, Ukraine
- The use of distance and mixed learning technologies for university students in the conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic and martial law - advantages and disadvantages, PhD Yaryna Puzyrenko, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Implementation of interactive technologies in the training of future media workers (on the example of specialization disciplines: Internet, television) PhD Halyna Synorub, PhD Hanna Yordan, Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University, Ternopil, Ukraine
- Training of a teacher of Ukrainian philology in the conditions of war: European priorities (values) and national experience, Prof. Olena Semenog, A. S. Makarenko Sumy State Pedagogical University, Sumy, Ukraine
- Concepts of Sustainable Development in Modern Journalism Education: Experience of Volodymyr Hnatiuk Ternopil National Pedagogical University, PhD Olesia Medynska, PhD Oksana Kushnir, V. Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University in Ternopil, Ukraine