EIT HEI Initiative
DEEP-INVENTHEI project from EIT HEI and associated partnership with the Business and Innovation Network BIN@
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) has launched a new programme to stimulate innovation in higher education institutions (HEIs). The goal for 2021-2027 is to increase the entrepreneurial and innovation capacity of the European higher education sector by promoting and supporting institutional change in higher education institutions, integrating them into innovation ecosystems, and actively promoting DeepTech ideas.
The Institute for Digitalisation of Education of the NAES of Ukraine is involved in the DEEPINVENTHEI project, which is supported by the European Union and aims to create an international network of innovations for talented young people, promote their education and startups in the field of high technology.
The DEEPINVENTHEI project is proposed by a consortium of 18 participants - 11 partners and 7 associated partners (https://eit-hei.eu/projects/deep-inventhei/):
University of Porto (Lead Partner)
TTK University of Applied Sciences
University of Pardubice
Valahia University of Targoviste
University of Santiago de Compostela
The University of Sheffield
Silesian University of Technology
School of Engineering at Jönköping University
INOVA+-Innovation Services, SA
Science and Technology Park of the University of Porto
Zhytomyr Polytechnic State University
Institute for Digitalisation of Education
of the National Academy of Educational
Sciences of Ukraine
University of Sao Paulo
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro
Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais
FCJ Europe Lda
Conception X Limited
The project’s programme will include the six Actions coming from the four Domains:
- Enhance the scale and scope of student engagement activities with research and business (Domain 1, Learning and mentoring pillar);
- Develop inter- and multi-disciplinary support structures, testbeds and other structures to foster innovation (Domain 1, Research-based Learning pillar);
- Establish new collaborations and enhance the nature, content and types of collaborations with external partners, including businesses, research organisations, governmental bodies, NGOs and other societal partners (Domain 2, Collaboration and Internships pillar);
- Create structures and conditions for innovation-driven research (Domain 3, Research-based Learning pillar);
- Develop innovation and entrepreneurial training programmes and mentoring schemes for staff and students (Domain 4, Learning and Mentoring pillar);
- Organise internships in business (Domain 4, Collaboration and Internships pillar).
To address these Actions, DEEPINVENTHEI will implement activities related to:
- learning and mentoring of students and staff with training courses on challenge-based learning and innovation-driven research, entrepreneurship training, deep tech (for non-STEM students), and the setup of innovation and entrepreneurship student hubs;
- research-based learning with research testbeds open to students and industry, and the organisation of co-creation labs involving students, staff and start-ups for setting up joint projects;
- collaboration and internships, with the search for new collaboration arrangements and with the promotion of intersectoral and international mobility.
These activities will leverage existing platforms (like skills.move, ECOA, and INVETHEI’s website and LinkedIn page) to create and nurture a community around the DEEPINVENTHNEI partners.
The planned activities will have a direct impact on more than 1 500 people (students, academic and non-academic staff, and industry) and directly engage more than 60 institutions (universities, research centres, companies, associations and local authorities) across Europe and in Brazil.
About EIT (European Institute of Innovation and Technology):
EIT is an EU body and an integral part of Horizon Europe, the EU's Framework Programme for Research and Innovation. The Institute supports dynamic pan-European partnerships, Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) among leading companies, research laboratories and universities.