An important component of the Institute is the organization of experimental activities within scientific research works, according to the terms of reference and thematic plans on the basis of general, vocational, out of school institutions, joint labs with universities in Ukraine.
Experimental work of researchers is carried out at different levels, including subordinate institutions, academic and national.
Experimental activities at the Institute is aimed to test reliability, efficiency and possibilities of implementation of pedagogical and psychological theories, hypotheses, ideas, innovations defined by research topics as well as test the results of scientific and educational research, clarify the feasibility of their implementation in educational practice.
Institute signed an agreement on mutual assistance and scientific and technical cooperation with leading educational and research institutions. Within the agreements joint research laboratories with the Vinnitsa State Pedagogical University, Kherson State University, Kryvyi Rih National University, Ternopil National Pedagogical University. V.Hnatyuka are functioning.
- providing consultative and methodological assistance in the organization of the experimental work;
- conducting an experimental verification and implementation of the research works results of the of the Institute’s scientists;
- methodological assistance for the improvement of teaching, increasing learning efficiency, democratization and humanization of the educational process, introduction of advanced pedagogical ideas and technologies in the educational process;
- preparation of joint publications on the results of experimental work and review of prepared for publishing teaching materials;
- joint scientific activities;
- lighting the results of joint work in professional pedagogical journals.
The Institute provides practical implementation of scientific research in the educational process of secondary schools of Ukraine by holding the experiments and educational projects, including:
- Research and experimental work " Variational Models of Computer Oriented Environment of Teaching Subjects of Natural and Mathematical Sciences Cycles in School", 2016-2019 (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, 05.02.2016, ¹ 88) on the basis of the Volyn, Kirovograd, Chernihiv, Rivne, Khmelnytsk oblasts and 13 universities of Ukraine. The purpose of the experiment is to develop, substantiate and experimentally test the variational models of the use of a computer oriented learning environment for subjects of natural and mathematical sciences in school.
- "Creating informational and educational environment for the educational process with the use of distance learning technologies", 2012-2015. (Order of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, 12.06.12, ¹684), on the basis of physical and mathematical school number 17, Vinnytsya. The purpose of the experiment is the practical testing and active use of distance learning technologies by CEI students, that is feasible and effective under the modern conditions. The experiment aimes to ensure equal access to quality education, create and develop ICT competence of all members of the educational process under the conditions of developed specific information and communication environment of educational institution which provides distance education.
- "Cloud services in education", 2014-2017 (Order of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, 21.05.2014, ¹ 629), based on the CEI ¹18 (8 - in Kyiv, others - in Vinnytsia, Zhytomyr, Sumy, Dnipropetrovsk, Khmelnytsky and other regions of Ukraine). The purpose of the experiment is the development, justification, experimental verification of the model of using cloud-based learning environment in comprehensive educational institution.
- "Smart Kids", 2014-2017 (Order of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, 08.05.2014, ¹ 564) on the basis of the specialized school ¹ 14 and secondary school ¹ 225 in Kyiv. The project goal is to create conditions for the use of new information and communication technologies and electronic educational resources while learning elementary school students.
- Research and experimental work of the All-Ukrainian "Technology of Teaching Elementary School Pupils “Rozumnyky” (SMART KIDS) ", 2017-2022. (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, 30.08.2017, ¹ 1234) based on 94 institutions of secondary education of Volyn, Donetsk, Zhytomyr, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kyiv, Luhansk, Lviv, Odesa, Poltava, Rivne, Sumy, Ternopil, Kherson, Khmelnytsky, Cherkasy, Chernivtsi, Chernihiv oblasts and Kyiv city. The purpose of the project is creating an elementary school environment using electronic educational game resources.
- "Computer-oriented quality management system EER in secondary schools" - experiment of regional level, 2013-2015 (Order of Kherson Regional State Administration, 10.24.2013, ¹ 504) on the basis of Kherson State University. The aim of the experiment is to determine and experimental verification of didactic requirements and methods of evaluating the quality of electronic educational resources (EER) in the educational process in pilot secondary schools.